Below is a message from the Tahoe Dreamin' Founder Bill Greenhaw about Tahoe Dreamin' 2021.
As you can imagine I have been busy as of late having many discussions and surveys around the pandemic and Tahoe Dreamin’. I am going to be completely open and transparent here with the state of the conference. Please know that every decision made is not easy and took a lot of thoughts/discussions. End of the day we cannot make everyone happy during these hard times. We have decided to go with the majority of the current registrants and other Trailblazers to make our decision. The majority of registrants have asked to continue to have the conference with proof of vaccination for all attendees.
For Tahoe Dreamin’ 2021 we will mandate that all attendees show they have been vaccinated. We are working on the best way to manage this so that we can still have a quick check-in process where we do not have to have a long wait line and other issues on maintaining a safe spot for check-in. We will ask for vaccination proof to be uploaded for each attendee before the conference. Masks will also be required for all attendees, and we will have masks for those that do not have them. If you have a medical exemption from mask wearing or vaccination, we ask that you defer attendance until next year’s conference. During presentations speakers do not have to wear a mask since they will be distanced while speaking but once they are done they will be required to wear a mask. Currently Nevada is requiring masks at all times, which is stricter than most states.
We will be doing everything we can do to and following in the footsteps of other events that have an in-person component.
Below are our rules, guidelines and other important information about Tahoe Dreamin’ 2021.
- Masks required at all-times except for presenters during their presentation
- We will be following the airline type of rules, where you can lower your mask for a drink and then put the mask back up after taking a drink.
- Proof of Covid vaccination uploaded prior to the conference. We will not be doing onsite vaccination checks. If you do not wish to share your vaccination status if with us, we understand. We hope to see you at Tahoe Dreamin’ 2022.
- Quick and contact-less as possible registration/check-in
- Hand sanitizer will be easily accessible throughout the conference area
- Limiting attendance numbers
- Working on spacing requirements/needs for session room seating
- All attendees will complete a daily wellness questionnaire
- Onsite temperature check. This is currently in progress and may or may not happen. If we have a contact-less temperature system attendees agree to use this before entering.
- We will be monitoring California and Nevada guidelines and may add or change restrictions or requirements based on the guidelines at the time of the conference
- Agreement from all attendees that…
- Will not attend if they have tested positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to arriving
- Will not attend if they have any of the following symptoms in the 10 days prior to arriving: Cough, Sore throat, Shortness of breath, body aches (muscle and joint pain) that are not from current health conditions, temperature over 99.5-degrees F, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, or diarrhea
- Will not attend if have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to arriving
- We will follow a strict inherence to all the above. Please remember this is a community conference, put on by volunteers in the Salesforce community. I do not want to deny someone entry or have conflicts at the conference. I understand some might not agree with all the rules and guidelines in place but please do not bring those difference of opinions to the volunteer staff.
- Our policy/agreement page - https://www.norcaldreamin.com/tahoe-policies/
I know some will disagree with this decision and/or rules. We are going with what the majority are asking for and doing what we can to make it as safe as possible. We will do everything we can to keep the health and safety of all attendees, sponsors and presenters as our first priority. If anyone that is currently registered wants a refund for any reason we will honor this. Please email [email protected]. You can also roll your ticket over to Tahoe Dreamin’ 2022,which will be August 4-5, 2022.
I am making myself available to anyone that would like to discuss any of this. Use this to schedule time – http://www.tidycal.com/bill
I want to thank everyone on the Tahoe Dreamin' team, sponsors and others that have had many conversations, feedback and help during these difficult times and decisions.